DelFranCo I retrospect

Post any league results /updates from Central Ohio here. This includes the areas near Dayton and Columbus and surrounding cities.

DelFranCo I retrospect

Postby crbirdx1 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:39 pm

Well the initial idea was to get only Franklin and Delaware county teams interested in an independent TU/B style tournament. Here are the list of teams that came:

Upper Arlington
Van Wert x 3
Olentangy Hyatts
Wellington
St. Charles x 3
Columbus Alternative HS
Northmont
Chillicothe (hybrid team with OLHS)
Grove City (Canceled because of sickness)

St. Charles and Northmont have played most styles of questions i.e. (HSAPQ, NAQT, OAC, Questions Unlimited and indy TU/B). I think that UA, VW, CAHS, Chillicothe, Wellington have done OAC, NAQT and maybe Questions Unlimited (correct me if I am wrong, Chillicothe has seen Indy TU/B). I think that this was a great first start for the metro Columbus area with 2-3 out of town teams coming in (NM, VW and depends on which person you ask from Chillicothe). If you attended the tournament please respond to the accessibility of the questions. One question I have is how have you reached out to local teams in the past to try new things i.e. NAQT or the TU/B format and how have they responded. Thanks for reading this!
crbirdx1
Varsity

Return to Central Ohio Quizbowl