TRASH @ New Albany 2/20/2016 OQBA

Post any league results /updates from Central Ohio here. This includes the areas near Dayton and Columbus and surrounding cities.

TRASH @ New Albany 2/20/2016 OQBA

Postby crbirdx1 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:43 pm

TRASH @ New Albany 2/20/2016
(CWR TRASH Mirror)

You are cordially invited to the 2nd iteration of TRASH @ New Albany High School in New Albany, Ohio on Saturday 20th February, 2016. The initial field cap will be 24 teams, but I will try to open that up if there is interest and I can secure enough competent readers.

TRASH TOURNAMENT ONLY:
Teams will be broken into 4 preliminary brackets of 6 teams each and will play round robin. At the conclusion of morning play, teams will be re-bracketed into 6 brackets of 4 to play another round robin with similar teams, with the top 2 teams at the conclusion of afternoon play for the tournament championship if needed. Every team will be guaranteed 8 rounds.

AWQ ONLY:
We will be hosting Central Ohio’s first Academic World Quest Tournament.
There are 10 rounds of 10 questions each. All of the questions are multiple-choice except for Current Events, which will feature fill-in-the-blank, true/false, and open-ended questions. All questions come from the following 10 categories, with one round devoted to each category: Current Events, Great Decisions, NATO, Asia Matters for America, International Trade and Finance, Sultanate of Oman, Privacy in the Digital Age, The Arctic, Food Security, Organization of American States. Teams are provided with a study guide, and all questions are taken from material presented in the study guide.
Teams have up to 45 seconds to answer each question.
1 point for each correct answer.
No penalty for incorrect answers or no answer.

TRASH & AWQ:
Teams can opt to compete in the AWQ tournament in the morning, and then switch to Trash in the afternoon.

FEES:
First Team: $50
Each Additional Team: $40
BUZZER DISCOUNT: -$5 per buzzer system, limit one per team that you are bringing.
MODERATOR DISCOUNT: -$10 for a competent moderator. Please let me know in advance if you are planning to claim this discount.
If your team has not played an independent pyramidal tournament between September 1, 2012 and September 1, 2015, you automatically qualify for the minimum entry fee of $40.
MINIMUM Fee: $40
If your team has economic hardships please email me and explain the situation and we can accommodate for further discounts if needed.

To register, please click here, or for more information, email sage.2@napls.us. I hope to see you in New Albany this February!

Thanks!
Jenny Sage (NAHS) & Cortney Bird (OLHS)
Last edited by crbirdx1 on Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
crbirdx1
Varsity

Re: TRASH @ New Albany 2/20/2016 OQBA

Postby crbirdx1 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:44 am

Field
Bishop Ready
ECOT
Olentangy Liberty
crbirdx1
Varsity

Re: TRASH @ New Albany 2/20/2016 OQBA

Postby crbirdx1 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:27 pm