St Patrick's Day Showdown I @ Dublin Jerome HS NAQT 3/12/16

Post any league results /updates from Central Ohio here. This includes the areas near Dayton and Columbus and surrounding cities.

St Patrick's Day Showdown I @ Dublin Jerome HS NAQT 3/12/16

Postby crbirdx1 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:08 pm

On behalf of James DiGiacomo and the Dublin Jerome HS Quizbowl team your are cordially invited to the first iteration of the Dublin St Patrick's Day Showdown I. The initial field cap will be 24 teams, but we will try to open that up if there is interest and we can secure enough readers/score keepers. Teams are expected to bring a moderator/coach (that is why the price is cheap). This will be a tournament where coaches will read/scorekeep and let their students enjoy the competition. The set we will be using is the NAQT IS-152. Payment can be made to Dublin Jerome HS and the address is 8300 Hyland-Croy Rd, Dublin, OH 43016 . This is and HSNCT qualifier. This means that the top 15% of teams in the tournament (rounded up to the nearest integer) will qualify for our national high school quizbowl championship, the HSNCT on the weekend of May 29th-30th near Dallas Ft. Worth Airport.

Teams will be broken into 4 preliminary brackets of 6 teams each and will play round robin. At the conclusion of morning play, teams will be re-bracketed into 6 brackets of 4 to play another round robin with similar teams, with the top 2 teams at the conclusion of afternoon play for the tournament championship if needed. Every team will be guaranteed 8 rounds.

Registration opens at 8:00 A.M. until 8:30 A.M. followed by a brief meeting for coaches and player. We expect to begin play promptly at 9:00A.M.

FEES:
First Team: $45
Each Additional Team: $35
BUZZER DISCOUNT: -$5 per buzzer system, limit one per team that you are bringing.
TRAVEL DISCOUNT: There is a $10 discount for teams traveling over 80 miles (our zip is 43065).
If your team has not played an Dublin Jerome tournament before then you automatically qualify for the minimum entry fee of $35.
MINIMUM Fee: $35

To register or more information contact James DiGiacomo digiacomo_james(at)dublinschools.net
We hope to see you in Dublin in March 2016!
crbirdx1
Varsity

Return to Central Ohio Quizbowl