SW Ohio Quizbowl????

Post any league results /news from Southern Ohio here. This encompasses the southwest region and any southeast region teams that are not from the Columbus area.

SW Ohio Quizbowl????

Postby crbirdx1 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:09 pm

So besides Little Miami and Loveland where are the teams? Sycamore and Walnut Hills were big a few years back. Does anyone have any updates? Is this now chipbowl territory?
crbirdx1
Varsity

Re: SW Ohio Quizbowl????

Postby Get Lynned » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:08 pm

One year we played Amelia (Clermont County) at a Rowdy Raider. I've read for Little Miami and one of the Lakotas before.
Thomas Moore
Ohio Wesleyan '18

Retired from online, for good.
Get Lynned
Varsity

Postby ThePocketProtector » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:30 am

http://sbaac.net/sbaac/SchedulesandStat ... cTeam.aspx
That is the Southern Buckeye Athletic/Academic Comference. I know that Bethel Tate has played NAQT at least once. I know they used to play some form of OAC with at least one interesting local rule. I figured most of that out because many of the teams in my league used to be in that conference.
Joshua Queen
No longer a coach
Runner of FAC Quiz Bowl League
Freelance runner of quiz bowl tournaments
At Large OAC Committee Member.
ThePocketProtector
Varsity

Postby Djones » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:55 am

There are actually several teams that come to my NAQT or OAC events each year. Loveland, Lakota West and Little Miami attend every year, while other teams like Walnut Hills, Sycamore, Amelia, and a few others have attended in the past. Joe Czupryn and I write the questions for the GCAL, which is the largest league in the area, and I write the questions for Little Miami's OAC event. I don't think Chip has any presence at all in the region at least to the best of my knowledge.
David Jones
Coach, Northmont High School
Djones
Varsity

Postby crbirdx1 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:37 am

Claremont NE has two teams coming to Give Thanks on 11/21/15 have they ever been to Little Miami David?
crbirdx1
Varsity

Return to Southern Ohio Quizbowl