FAC Results

Post any league results /news from Southern Ohio here. This encompasses the southwest region and any southeast region teams that are not from the Columbus area.

FAC Results

Postby ThePocketProtector » Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:41 am

Here are the results for the FAC. We only had 7 teams this year.

https://hsquizbowl.org/db/tournaments/7937/
Joshua Queen
No longer a coach
Runner of FAC Quiz Bowl League
Freelance runner of quiz bowl tournaments
At Large OAC Committee Member.
ThePocketProtector
Varsity

Re: FAC Results

Postby tomoore » Mon Feb 27, 2023 1:41 pm

ThePocketProtector wrote:Here are the results for the FAC. We only had 7 teams this year.

https://hsquizbowl.org/db/tournaments/7937/

I take it this is runs independent of the athletic conference, given that Unioto participates in it. Or are the Sherman Tanks an affiliate for quiz bowl only? ;)

Always liked this concept, regardless of the relationship with the league’s athletic office. Sports leagues are good groundswells to get programs to participate and stick with it, while providing more opportunities to play.
Moore, T;

reader, Southeast Region and statewide (2015-present);
ex-player, William V. Fisher Catholic HS... allegedly (2010-2014);
tomoore
Junior Varsity

Postby QuizBoss » Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:35 pm

Go Stuffed Animals! Annie will happily coach them...
Greg Bossick, formerly Persona Non Grata
Mogadore '98, Youngstown State '02 and '22
Director of the Mahoning, Ashtabula, Portage, and Toledo Area Quizbowl Leagues
QuizBoss
Varsity

Postby ThePocketProtector » Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:11 pm

The Stuffed Animals were my idea. People really got into it. We had extra so people would be change their lineup hoping that the new "player" would do a better job. A little humor never hurt anyone. I'm sure they could improve with her coaching.

When the last league sports league we were in fell apart, 5 of the teams joined with Jackson to form the FAC. Those teams were used to having 8 teams in the quiz bowl league and that was what we were used to. I was given permission by the ADs and administrators to find 2 teams that would be willing to join for just the quiz bowl league. For a few years, that was Unioto and Waverly. Waverly lost their long time coach so they dropped out about the time of the pandemic. Then Logan stepped in during the years of online quiz bowl. When we went back to in person, the transportation was decided to be too great of an issue for Logan to continue in the league. I miss them. So this year we were left with just 7, because Unioto remains.
Joshua Queen
No longer a coach
Runner of FAC Quiz Bowl League
Freelance runner of quiz bowl tournaments
At Large OAC Committee Member.
ThePocketProtector
Varsity

Return to Southern Ohio Quizbowl