DelFranCo I Results

Any posts that are outdated will be moved here. Please do not post any new topics in this forum.

DelFranCo I Results

Postby crbirdx1 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:04 pm

Thanks to all of the teams that made it out on this frigid morning! Van Wert gets the longest distance award with 109 miles of travel logged! In the final St. Charles A beat Northmont (w/o Blizzard) 340-315. Below you will find the link to the stats which are correct. Shout outs to A. Connor/D. Jones/J. Queen/T. Moore/S. Jones/A. Zuber/M. Nandor/ for all of the help reading, bringing teams, and the feedback. See you next year!

http://www.hsquizbowl.org/db/tournaments/2718/
Last edited by crbirdx1 on Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crbirdx1
Varsity

Re: DelFranCo I Results

Postby Djones » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:57 pm

Thanks for a great tournament- we had a good time. Congrats to Alex and St. Charles on a well earned championship in an exciting game that came down to the last question.

On the stats, the prelim brackets are wrong. Northmont didn't play 3 of the teams listed in our bracket in the morning- it looks like 3 teams from each bracket were swapped with each other in the file. Also, in the playoff file, the playoff game between Upper Arlington and Northmont is not entered, nor is the championship game between Northmont and St. Charles. Just wanted to give you a heads up for completeness-sake.
David Jones
Coach, Northmont High School
Djones
Varsity

Postby Get Lynned » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:31 am

We'll check out stats later and talk to Connor Chambers (the guy that punched in morning stats for us) and figure something out. We're scanning our scoresheets into the computer anyways so it's not as if we accidentally omitted said games and decided to throw away the scoresheets... hell no, we want the discount! (But we should be good).

We got eight rounds + final done by 2:30. The only reader that wasn't OLHS affiliated was Alex Connor. Neither Cortney nor I read until the final; Cortney handled lunch and miscellaneous while I did standings. I think one big factor that played into us finishing early was me handling the in-tournament logistics all morning instead of reading. Being familiar with the rooms this time around also was helpful, but certainly twelve teams as opposed to twenty-four was much more manageable. I was impressed whilst thankful towards the wonderful jobs the readers and scorekeepers did. When 5/6 of the readers are either high schoolers, parents, or teachers, anything bad can happen.

I am pleased with how my bracketing turned out. By the start of round five I knew which bracket of four group in the afternoon every team was highly likely, if not certainly, would end up... it would just be a matter until PPB was calculated.

I'm sleepy. Night y'all... see you in Columbus eventually for quiz bowl.
Thomas Moore
Ohio Wesleyan '18

Retired from online, for good.
Get Lynned
Varsity

Postby crbirdx1 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:33 pm

Thanks to SQBS vet DJones for cleaning up stats!!!
crbirdx1
Varsity

Postby crbirdx1 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:21 pm

St. Charles A and Northmont qualified for PACE 2015.
crbirdx1
Varsity

Postby crbirdx1 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:53 pm

St. Charles A also qualified for OAC regionals since they won the overall tournament.
crbirdx1
Varsity

Return to Old/Outdated Posts