BOSSICK Series: Bath HS, 3/3

Any posts that are outdated will be moved here. Please do not post any new topics in this forum.

BOSSICK Series: Bath HS, 3/3

Postby QuizBoss » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:42 am

After two postponements I was finally able to go ahead with this tournament. Five schools attended: Bath, Bluffton, Ben Logan, Van Wert, and Paulding. Bath had a B team to fill the sixth spot. Bath was also the only team present not to have played NAQT this season, so I scheduled their two teams to play against each other first. That game finished 140-120 to the A team, but it must have worked to get the nerves/new format issues out of the way.

Van Wert advanced to the final with a 4-1 record, joined by Bath A. It might have been different, though, if it weren't for the band and choir concert held the same night. 3/4 of Bath B bailed before the last prelim game -- against Van Wert -- and even though I read at HSNCT pace, it wasn't enough to keep Bath A together throughout the final. Half that team had to go at halftime. So VW won, not undeservedly as they dominated both games, but on another night it might have been closer. It may serve to motivate them to come to Findlay, however.
Greg Bossick, formerly Persona Non Grata
Mogadore '98, Youngstown State '02 and '22
Director of the Mahoning, Ashtabula, Portage, and Toledo Area Quizbowl Leagues
QuizBoss
Varsity

Return to Old/Outdated Posts