Seeking TRASH 2015 Writers

Any posts that are outdated will be moved here. Please do not post any new topics in this forum.

Seeking TRASH 2015 Writers

Postby BobKilner » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:47 pm

I am looking for help writing the 2015 TRASH set for December. Last year I wrote 6 of the 11 packets myself, I'd like to keep that at 4-5 if possible this year. Now that my OAC commitments and writing are finishing, I'm going to begin working on the set very soon. The spreadsheet with answer lines has been active for awhile among the writers who have already committed. Please let me know if you are interested in writing.

The distribution we usually use is:
4/4 Movies (one from the last 2 years, two post-2000, one pre-2000)
4/4 Music (one from the last 2 years, two post-2000, one pre-2000)
4/4 TV (one from the last 2 years, two post-2000, one pre-2000)
4/4 Sports (one from the last 2 years, two post-2000, one pre-2000)
1/1 Video Game/Other Game
1/1 Internet/Computers/Technology
1/1 Advertising/Consumer Product
1/1 Non web-based comic/trashy lit
1/1 "other"

I use Times New Roman, 10-pt, 1 inch margins and questions should be between 5-6 lines in length. The power should be in bold, followed by (*) and the ending should say "for 10 points", not "for ten points". For bonuses, I simply put Bonus: Lead-in goes here. I usually follow it with "For 10 points each:" Although its against common convention, we use related or semi-related bonuses for this tournament. Required answer lines go in bold and are underlined - please include alternate answers, promptable responses and unacceptable responses as well.

Example:

1. The cover of this band’s 2011 album features a clock reading 3:05, a reference to both the original and current numbers of band members. Current Nickelback drummer Daniel Adair was once a member of this band, who kicked out bass player Todd Harrell after he was convicted of vehicular homicide. They lent an alternate version of their song (*) “Be Like That” to the soundtrack for American Pie 2 and this band often closes their live shows by saluting the troops with the song “When I’m Gone”. Fronted by Brad Arnold, this is, for 10 points, what Mississippi-based rock band most-famous for the songs “It’s Not My Time” and “Kryptonite”?
ANSWER: 3 Doors Down

Bonus: From 2001-2005, 3 Doors Down drummer Greg Upchurch was a member of this band. For 10 points each:
[10] Identify this American rock band behind the smash hits “Blurry” and “She Hates Me.”
ANSWER: Puddle of Mudd
[10] Puddle of Mudd traces their origins to a demo tape that was delivered to this producer and former frontman of Limp Bizkit.
ANSWER: Fred Durst
[10] In 2012, Durst made a guest appearance on Smothered, Covered & Chunked, an album by this Detroit-based hip hop duo that includes Shaggy 2 Dope and Violent J.
ANSWER: Insane Clown Posse or ICP

Current writers:
Me (4 packets)
Ryan Milowicki (1 packet)
Cari Milowicki (1 packet)
Bob Kilner
Secondary Admin, ohioqbforum.com
Former Coach, Garfield Heights HS (2001-2008), North High School (2015-19, 21-22)
Kent State '06 / Boise State '10
BobKilner
Site Admin

Return to Old/Outdated Posts