Tippecanoe Academic Challenge, XX, November 7th, 2015

Any posts that are outdated will be moved here. Please do not post any new topics in this forum.

Tippecanoe Academic Challenge, XX, November 7th, 2015

Postby jrbellas » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:39 pm

We are extremely proud to announce the 20th annual Tippecanoe Academic Challenge will be held on November 7th, 2015 at Tippecanoe HS in Tipp City, Ohio. An email invitation was already sent out to those who frequent the board but I'm posting here just in case I missed anyone.

The tournament will be held according to standard NAQT format, with 10 point tossup questions followed by 30 point bonus questions. Important note: the matches will NOT be timed, but we will be reading 10 tossups in each half round, 20 for a complete match. Bonuses will NOT rebound if missed by the winning tossup team.

We are using tournament set IS-151A. Please note that if you are an out of state team, your participation in this tournament will prevent you from playing in other tournaments in your own state using this same set of questions.

Registration will be begin at 8 am on Saturday morning, and rounds will commence promptly at 9 am. If any teams arrive later, then they will forfeit matches until they arrive. Tournament format will be determined based on field size, but all schools will be guaranteed seven matches. We will hold single elimination playoffs for the top eight schools from the preliminary rounds. Plaques will be awarded for the champion and runner-up schools, and at least the top four schools will qualify for invitations to the NAQT national championship. Possibly more schools will qualify for invitations based on the size of the field.

Tournament fees will be $60 for the first team, and $50 for the second team. I will offer a JV tournament if there is sufficient interest. This decision will be made no later than Oct. 23rd and registered schools will be notified. Registrations will not be accepted after November 2nd, however, I will have a waitlist if the field fills up. If a school brings a NAQT-qualified reader, they will receive a $10 discount.

All participating schools MUST bring one working buzzer system that accommodates at least eight players total. Pizza, chips and drinks will be sold in the cafeteria for lunch. Teams will be allowed to purchase whole pizzas or by the slice. Orders will only be taken in advance. We encourage everyone to use our lunch service, since it is convenient and there are few restaurants near the high school.

Make checks payable to Tippecanoe High School, and they may be sent to:

Joe Bellas
Academic Quiz Team Advisor
Tippecanoe High School
615 E. Kessler-Cowlesville Road
Tipp City, Ohio 45371

You may either send all registration information for the tournament (School name, team roster, coaches’ name, address, phone, email, fax, and fees owed) to the above address, or you may register by email to jrbellas AT tippcity DOT k12.oh.us. Please respond as soon as possible, since we are capping tournament size at 48 teams (not schools).

I will be sending out another letter with more information on field size and tournament format to those teams who've registered by November 2nd.

We hope that you all are able to attend our tournament in November. Good luck to all of your teams this academic year!

Joe Bellas
Director, TAC XX
jrbellas
Junior Varsity

Re: Tippecanoe Academic Challenge, XX, November 7th, 2015

Postby jrbellas » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:02 am

jrbellas
Junior Varsity

Return to Old/Outdated Posts