2016 NAQT MSNCT Ohio roundup

Any posts that are outdated will be moved here. Please do not post any new topics in this forum.

2016 NAQT MSNCT Ohio roundup

Postby trbenedict » Mon May 09, 2016 10:02 am

The NAQT Middle School National Championship Tournament took place over the weekend in Atlanta, GA. Ohio was represented by six teams: Miami Valley (Dayton), Copley-Fairlawn, Olentangy Hyatts A & B, University School (Cleveland), and Lake Center Christian (Hartville).

Three teams qualified for Sunday's double-elimination playoff:

Miami Valley: 11-3, 4-2 playoffs (T5)
Hyatts A: 7-5, 2-2 playoffs (T21)
Copley-Fairlawn: 6-5, 1-2 playoffs (T21)

Full stats available here: https://www.naqt.com/stats/tournament-t ... nt_id=6599

My unofficial prize for best "off-the-field" moment has to go to Copley, who showed up for Sunday afternoon's events dressed in head-to-toe Cavaliers gear mere hours before LeBron & co. swept the hometown Hawks in the arena down the street.

Unless I'm mistaken (and goodness knows I've messed up historical comparisons/research before), this year's MSNCT saw record highs for the number of Ohio teams competing (previous mark: five), number of teams in the playoffs (previous mark: two), and combined playoff wins. Congratulations to all six Ohio teams for making it to the MSNCT!
Tyler Benedict
Coach, Miami Valley School Quiz Bowl
OAC Committee Middle School Representative
OQBA NASAT and Matt's Buzzers Liaison
Miami Valley School '09
trbenedict
Varsity

Re: 2016 NAQT MSNCT Ohio roundup

Postby pbergman » Tue May 10, 2016 8:22 am

Tyler, congratulations to you and your team on that excellent finish! I read for them at least 3-4 rounds this year, and they are impressive!
Peter Bergman
Academic Challenge Coach
English Teacher
Solon High School
pbergman
Varsity

Re: 2016 NAQT MSNCT Ohio roundup

Postby Jarret Greene » Thu May 12, 2016 7:04 pm

Tyler, congratulations to you and your team on an excellent and very impressive finish!
Jarret Greene
South Range '10
Ohio State '13
Jarret Greene

Return to Old/Outdated Posts