11th Annual Rowdy Raider Invitational- IS 160 (12/3/16)

Any posts that are outdated will be moved here. Please do not post any new topics in this forum.

11th Annual Rowdy Raider Invitational- IS 160 (12/3/16)

Postby Djones » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:25 pm

The 11th Annual Rowdy Raider Invitational will take place at Northmont High School, Clayton, OH on Saturday, December 3, 2016. We will use NAQT set IS-160.

The initial field cap will be 36 teams, but I will try to open that up if there is interest and I can secure enough competent readers. Each year, this tournament draws an excellent field from Ohio, Kentucky and surrounding states, and we would love to have a large field again this year.

Teams will be broken into 6 preliminary brackets of 6 teams each and will play a round robin. At the conclusion of morning play, teams will be re-bracketed into 6 brackets of 6 to play another round robin, with the top 12 teams at the conclusion of preliminary play being eligible for the tournament championship. A championship match will be played between the winners of the two championship flights in the afternoon. All teams are guaranteed at least 10 games.

FEES:
First Team: $65
Each Additional Team: $55
BUZZER DISCOUNT: -$5 per buzzer system, limit one per team that you are bringing.
MODERATOR DISCOUNT: -$10 for a competent moderator. Please let me know in advance if you are planning to claim this discount. Given that this tournament draws a strong field each year and we want the best possible readers available, we may deny some requests.
FIRST TIME ATTENDEE: -$25. If your team has not attended the Rowdy Raider Invitational in the past, you can claim this discount.

To register or for more information, please email djones [AT] northmontschools [DOT] net. I hope to see you in Dayton this December!!
David Jones
Coach, Northmont High School
Djones
Varsity

Re: 11th Annual Rowdy Raider Invitational- IS 160 (12/3/16)

Postby Djones » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:31 am

Registrations are going out to coaches by email today. I will update the field below:

Registered (28 teams):
Beavercreek (2)
Ben Logan
Copley
Dublin Scioto
Fisher Catholic (2)
Little Miami (4)
Mason
Miami Valley School (2)
Northmont (2)
Olentangy Liberty
Olmsted Falls
Sidney (3)
Solon (3)
St. Charles (3)
Tippecanoe
Last edited by Djones on Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:49 pm, edited 9 times in total.
David Jones
Djones
Varsity

Postby Djones » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:15 am

I am likely going to cap the field at 26 since I have 13 excellent readers lined up and don't want to have to scramble. So, we have 2 spots left. Last call! I'm sending a reminder email out to coaches today, so if you are interested in one of those three spots, please let me know.
David Jones
Djones
Varsity

Postby Djones » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:24 am

Had a couple schools want to add this weekend, so we bumped the count up to 28 teams instead of 24. We have one spot left towards that count if there is anyone interested. If not, I can field my middle school team.
David Jones
Djones
Varsity

Postby Djones » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:49 pm

Field is now full with the addition of Copley. Should be a great event with a really strong field.
David Jones
Djones
Varsity

Return to Old/Outdated Posts