TRASH '16 @ Tippecanoe High School

Any posts that are outdated will be moved here. Please do not post any new topics in this forum.

TRASH '16 @ Tippecanoe High School

Postby jrbellas » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:31 pm

The field is full at Tipp for TRASH this year. Thought everyone would like to see the field.

Thanks to all who registered.

Urbana 2
Van Wert 2
Simon Kenton 2
Northmont 1
ECOT 2
Miami East 2
Olentangy Liberty 2
Crestview 2
Chillicothe 2
Tecumseh 2
Oakwood 1
Pickerington North 2
Fisher Catholic 3
Benjamin Logan 2
St. Charles 2
Miami Valley 2
Bethel 2
Fairlawn 2
Celina 1

36 teams total. Looking forward to a fun time on some great questions!
jrbellas
Junior Varsity

Re: TRASH '16 @ Tippecanoe High School

Postby BobKilner » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:30 pm

I don't know anything about these teams' trash knowledge, but I'm going to pick St. Charles to win since they seem to have a ridiculously deep knowledge of pop culture.
Bob Kilner
Secondary Admin, ohioqbforum.com
Former Coach, Garfield Heights HS (2001-2008), North High School (2015-19, 21-22)
Kent State '06 / Boise State '10
BobKilner
Site Admin

Postby crbirdx1 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:44 pm

Bob I am betting on Urbana to make it to the top 4!!!
crbirdx1
Varsity

Postby Get Lynned » Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:17 am

Yeah, I remember Urbana doing well in TRASH when I played the tourneys at Tipp. They should be a safe bet to make the top four, along with St. Chucks.

Chillicothe, I believe, finished fourth last year and is attending again, so they should be a darkhorse.

I don't think F.C. has ever won TRASH @ Tippecanoe, but I'm pretty sure the Irish have been in the semi-finals multiple times as well as a finals appearance once. We generally did well in the morning portion, but we would get disposed of in the afternoon - often at the hands of St. Charles or Sam Blizzard + Northmont. I suppose it was ironic back when I played how poorly we did on questions relating to Catholicism in regular quiz bowl, but we always had three guys (including me, I guess) that could do well on sports, hip-hop, and stuff like that.

St. Charles is/was always really tough on the TV, movies, and internet/video games.

I wrote one of the packets that will be played tomorrow, so afterwards when all the mirrors are finished feel free to feed me your feedback.
Thomas Moore
Ohio Wesleyan '18

Retired from online, for good.
Get Lynned
Varsity

Return to Old/Outdated Posts