Brookfield Fall Gathering 2, 10/21

Any posts that are outdated will be moved here. Please do not post any new topics in this forum.

Brookfield Fall Gathering 2, 10/21

Postby QuizBoss » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:57 pm

I'm happy to announce the second edition of the Brookfield Fall Gathering, happening at Brookfield High School on Saturday, October 21. This tournament will be using the set written by players, alumni, and coaches at reigning NAQT public small school national champion Glasgow High School in Kentucky. While this will not be an NAQT-qualifying event, it should be a PACE qualifier and will hopefully draw a strong field from northern Ohio and western Pennsylvania.

Entry fees are $75 per team with $5 discounts for buzzers and $10 for staff.

As far as I know, this set is not being mirrored anywhere else in the country. It has already been played once, at Glasgow's home tournament on August 26, so the team is going back and revising some things right now to make it better for us.

We will play by standard NAQT-style tossup-bonus rules: no overall time limit per round, powers and negs are in play, 5 second timings for everything except computational math, 20 tossup matches with halftime after 10 tossups completed. Tournament format will be determined once we know what the final field size might be.

Register here: https://goo.gl/forms/8yPfI59OoU7NqNLX2

I hope to see you in Trumbull County on 10/21!
Greg Bossick, formerly Persona Non Grata
Mogadore '98, Youngstown State '02 and '22
Director of the Mahoning, Ashtabula, Portage, and Toledo Area Quizbowl Leagues
QuizBoss
Varsity

Re: Brookfield Fall Gathering 2, 10/21

Postby QuizBoss » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:01 pm

Field

South Range
Boardman
[Ashtabula] Lakeside
Greg Bossick, formerly Persona Non Grata