Beavercreek Fall Invitational - 10/26/19 (BLAST set)

All tournament announcements should go here. Please place the name, date and location of the tournament in the title.

Beavercreek Fall Invitational - 10/26/19 (BLAST set)

Postby ellen.spence » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:37 pm

I am excited to announce the fourth annual Beavercreek Fall Invitational Tournament which will take place on October 26th, 2019.

As per previous years, all teams will be guaranteed 10 rounds. We will do initial round robin games in pods of 6, then rebracket in the afternoon to play 5 more rounds with teams of similar records. Currently registrations are for one level (varsity) only, but I will have many of my new players form a team and play so multiple teams are certainly invited and encouraged.

This year we will be playing on the Blair Quizbowl BLAST set (co-written and edited by my former player Hari.... sigh... I just can't say bye yet!) And he tells me that it should be comparable to but a bit more difficult than an IS-set, or more specifically, similar to last year's RMBAT set.

To register online please follow this link: https://forms.gle/kW8WV3k9QUp5hjmXA or you may email me directly. The cost of the tournament will be $70 for the first team and $60 for any additional teams, with a $10 discount per qualified reader and $5 discount for each working buzzer system, up to as many teams as you register for the tournament.

I look forward to seeing many of you in October!
Last edited by ellen.spence on Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ellen.spence

Re: Beavercreek Fall Invitational - 10/26/19 (BLAST set)

Postby ellen.spence » Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:47 pm

Field update 10/22:

Beavercreek x1-4
Celina x1
Clermont Northeastern x1
Detroit Central Catholic x2
George Washington x2
John Adams x1
Little Miami x2
Miami Valley x2
Northmont x2
Saint Charles x3