Northmont Middle School Tournament

All tournament announcements should go here. Please place the name, date and location of the tournament in the title.

Northmont Middle School Tournament

Postby Djones » Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:51 am

I am excited to announce that Northmont will be hosting our annual Middle School invitational in person this year at Northmont HS. This event will take place on Saturday, October 30th at Northmont HS (4916 National Rd, Clayton, OH 45315). We will be using a house-written set that was written by myself and my assistant coaches, so you do not need to worry about any conflicts with NAQT sets. The cost to attend is $60 per team, and we will be offering a $10 discount for bringing a buzzer set or a qualified moderator. (Please let me know if you plan to take those discounts).

Due to Covid guidelines within our district, there are a few rules that teams must follow if attending the event:
1) All students and coaches must be masked at all times regardless of vaccination status.
2) Teams are limited to 6 players per team (if you are bringing 2 team you get 12, etc). Also, we are limiting the adult presence in the building during the event. Teams can bring one coach per team playing, but should not bring parents or other spectators. Our goal is to limit the number of people in each competition room.
3) Teams will be sent out into the community for lunch, and will not be permitted to eat in the school building. We are hosting volleyball regionals that same day, so we do not have access to our cafeteria area and we do not want students unmasked in the classrooms.

We are planning to limit the number of teams in attendance to 16, so if you plan to attend, please let me know ASAP. Given emails I have received from schools, I expect us to fill somewhat quickly. To register, please email me at djones@northmontschools.net with the number of teams you plan to bring, as well as any buzzer or moderator discounts, and I will send over an invoice. Teams are free to mail in money in advance or to bring a check the day of the event.

We are asking teams to arrive by 8:45 AM. We will not do an opening meeting with teams (but will do a short meeting with coaches), and will start play promptly at 9 AM. All teams will play 8 games and we will have everything concluded not later than 3:30 PM, likely earlier.
David Jones
Coach, Northmont High School
Djones
Varsity

Re: Northmont Middle School Tournament

Postby Djones » Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:52 am

Registered (12 of 16)
Columbus Collegiate Academy (1)
Heritage Classical (2)
Incarnation School (2)
Miami Valley School (2)
Northmont (2)