Little Miami Academic Challenge - 2023

All tournament announcements should go here. Please place the name, date and location of the tournament in the title.

Little Miami Academic Challenge - 2023

Postby rmaupin » Wed Oct 04, 2023 8:50 am

Coaches across the state of Ohio:

You are all cordially invited to the 10th annual Little Miami Academic Challenge!

This OAC format tournament will be held on Saturday, November 11th at Little Miami High School.

We will be playing 5 round robin matches, with afternoon tournaments scheduled as well. With OAC rules for qualifying for the Regional Tournament, we typically qualify 8 different schools for the Regional Tournament, and I expect the same for this year!

We will initially have a capacity for 24 teams (all varsity), but each school can bring up to 2 teams each. We will be accepting teams on a FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE basis. If there is enough demand (AND READERS) we will plan to expand beyond 24 teams.

We would like to have teams arrive between 8:00-8:30 and the First Round to start no later than 9:00.

THERE IS AN ADDITIONAL $10 DISCOUNT FOR TEAMS THAT CAN PROVIDE AN EXPERIENCED READER!!!

Since there are almost no places to eat in the area, schools are strongly encouraged to order Marco's pizza (as seen on the entry form) through us. If you have been to the Northmont Tournament, we will organize it in the same manner. We also plan to have snacks and drinks available to purchase throughout the day.

My school phone is (513) 899-3781 ext. 20457, or just e-mail me back at rmaupin@lmsdoh.org Also, if you know any other coaches that might be interested, please forward this on.

Thanks so much, and we look forward to seeing you at the Little Miami Academic Challenge,

Ron Maupin
Little Miami High School Academic Team - Head Coach

Already registered team:
Indian Hill (2)
Ron Maupin
Head Coach - Little Miami High School
rmaupin
Junior Varsity

Re: Little Miami Academic Challenge - 2023

Postby rmaupin » Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:50 am

Current updated list of teams signed up:

Indian Hill (2)
Anderson (2)
Summit
Finneytown
CHCA (2)
Northmont (2)
Walnut Hills
Fairfield (2)
Tippecanoe
Milford
Turpin
Stebbins (2)
Talawanda
Felicity-Franklin
Ron Maupin
Head Coach - Little Miami High School
rmaupin
Junior Varsity

Re: Little Miami Academic Challenge - 2023

Postby rmaupin » Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:16 pm

Current updated list of teams signed up:

We currently have a wait list. If you are interested in signing up, please let me know ASAP so we can add another division.

Indian Hill (2)
Anderson (2)
Summit
Finneytown
CHCA (2)
Northmont (2)
Walnut Hills (2)
Fairfield (2)
Tippecanoe (2)
Turpin
Stebbins (2)
Talawanda (2)