TRASH 17 @ OFHS (Main site) Results (12/16/17)

Any posts that are outdated will be moved here. Please do not post any new topics in this forum.

TRASH 17 @ OFHS (Main site) Results (12/16/17)

Postby BobKilner » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:38 pm

Thank you to everyone who came out as a coach, player, parent, volunteer, reader, scorekeeper, etc. TRASH '17 was once again an overwhelming success. We ended up with 58 teams after 2 drops. Teams were divided into 10 brackets of 6. After the preliminary rounds (each team played 4 or 5 rounds depending on who was in the bracket with the byes), teams were seeded by record, then PPTH. Every team that had 0, 1 or 2 losses made the championship bracket and four 2-3 teams also made the championship bracket. The remaining 26 teams were seeded into the consolation bracket. Personally, after years of playing 8 team brackets and only taking the winner of each bracket to the playoffs, I liked this setup a lot better, as every team had a chance to win their tournament, even if they were hampered by a tougher bracket or playing poorly early on.

In the championship bracket final, (7) University School B defeated (8) Highland A on a tiebreaker in overtime to win the TRASH '17 belt. This might have been the most entertaining match I've ever seen. If you play the finals packet at some point (or you have already), you'll understand why.

In the consolation bracket finals (7) Huron A defeated (1) Madison A to take home the consolation title.

All round results can be found at: https://stats.neg5.org/t/HJbYi5hbG/trash-17/team-standings

The championship bracket can be found at: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1da29HrUVxd231jYp5EIDpRWKWPF8Gb5FDt2xqScjOIE/edit?usp=sharing

The consolation bracket can be found at: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dVZCGv1cjoZ2KzSi6rdGrL58wTbOdO9_wOyqnvt_xNw/edit?usp=sharing

The set was pretty well received overall, although we did write down some notes for next year that should help it be ever better come at that time. It will be sent out as soon as I finish making all the edits, mostly to get rid of a few repeats.

If you happened to leave anything at the school or need assistance with anything regarding the tournament, please contact Erin and she should be able to help you with that.

Congrats again to all teams and I hope to see you at Cloverleaf, Solon, Olmsted Falls and other tournaments in the first half of 2018. Have a happy new year!

Bob and Erin
Bob Kilner
Secondary Admin, ohioqbforum.com
Former Coach, Garfield Heights HS (2001-2008), North High School (2015-19, 21-22)
Kent State '06 / Boise State '10
BobKilner
Site Admin

Re: TRASH 17 @ OFHS (Main site) Results (12/16/17)

Postby mazinomer » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:48 pm

I was at the Toledo site the week before this tourney and I had a lot of fun. Outside of a few minor issues, I thought the set was really great.
Mazin Omer
Ottawa Hills Junior/Senior High School '19
mazinomer

Return to Old/Outdated Posts