Northmont Pre-Nationals Tournament

Any posts that are outdated will be moved here. Please do not post any new topics in this forum.

Northmont Pre-Nationals Tournament

Postby Djones » Sat May 20, 2017 6:54 pm

Congratulations to Beavercreek who won today's Pre-Nationals event. Thanks to Liberty for splitting their team when a team no showed, and to Tom Moore, who had agreed to fill out the bracket. Tom played in place of a bye for teams. The final finishing order is:
1) Beavercreek
T2) Sidney and Harrison
4) Northmont
5) Tom Moore (exhibition in the stats)
6) Tippecanoe
T7) Liberty A and Liberty B

Stats will be up in the morning since there is a missing scoresheet that is still sitting on my desk at the school. Will have those up ASAP. Thanks to everyone for coming out today, it was a fun event.
David Jones
Coach, Northmont High School
Djones
Varsity

Re: Northmont Pre-Nationals Tournament

Postby Djones » Sun May 21, 2017 8:34 am

Here is a link to the statistics. Bonuses were very tough on this set but I thought that most of the tossups were very accessible for teams going to nationals.

Tom Moore's stats are not entered in here (since he was playing in exhibition), but Tom went 4-3 in the prelims with wins over Sidney, Tipp and both Liberty teams. He swept Tipp and both Liberty teams in the consolation bracket in exhibition.

http://www.hsquizbowl.org/db/tournaments/3233/
David Jones
Coach, Northmont High School
Djones
Varsity

Re: Northmont Pre-Nationals Tournament

Postby jrbellas » Mon May 22, 2017 3:43 pm

Thanks to David for hosting this and putting everything together.

Would have been nice to see Miami Valley and Walnut Hills there, but I know the Grogers have been battling some health issues and needed a spot of rest before they close the season with a flurry.

I wasn't expecting to win a single match, with only sophomores. But we managed 4 wins, not too terrible.
jrbellas
Junior Varsity

Return to Old/Outdated Posts