PACE NSC 2017

Any posts that are outdated will be moved here. Please do not post any new topics in this forum.

PACE NSC 2017

Postby Bluejay » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:06 pm

Unfortunately I couldn't make it this year, but it seems like the event is going well (outside of, from what I heard, Neg5 crashing and causing the stats to be delayed as they switched back over to SQBS). I don't know the stats, but the superplayoff seedings were posted: http://www.pace-nsc.org/wordpress/wp-co ... ayoffs.pdf

Quick takeaways:

1. Dublin Scioto won their top playoff bracket! I can't remember if 2014 Northmont did the same when they made the superplayoffs but wow they are poised to make the best finish for an Ohio team since then.
2. Beavercreek also won their playoff bracket (2nd tier) and are participating in the new superplayoff grouping that combines them with the 17-24 group and the other 2nd tier bracket winners.
3. Sidney is listed as having a chance at top 3 small school, but I'm not sure if they can make it there because of this snippet from theofficial tournament format:
Any JV/SS teams in the top 28 will be ranked by their overall finish. If no team in a classification
is in the top 28, and second place is within eight places of first place, a final will be held during
Rounds 17‐18. Games to decide second or third place will only be played if teams are in the
same Sunday group and have the same record.

So given that all 5 of the top small schools are in different Sunday groups, would this mean they automatically finish 4th?
Jasper Lee
University of Tennessee
Ohio State University '14
Solon High School '10
Bluejay
Rookie

Re: PACE NSC 2017

Postby pbergman » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:02 am

Scioto is 3-0 thus far in the Super-Playoffs, alongside Barrington and DCC A. @PACENSC on twitter.
Peter Bergman
Academic Challenge Coach
English Teacher
Solon High School
pbergman
Varsity

Return to Old/Outdated Posts