OAC Fall II @ Ohio State, results

Any posts that are outdated will be moved here. Please do not post any new topics in this forum.

OAC Fall II @ Ohio State, results

Postby Get Lynned » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:13 pm

After the preliminary portion:

1. Miami Valley 104.8ppg
2. Beavercreek 98.4ppg
3. Northmont A xx.xppg
4. Bexley

5. Mason
6. St. Charles A
7. Tipp A
8. Carroll A

9. Wellington
10. Fisher A
11. Carroll B
12. St. Charles C

13. Chaminade Julienne
14. St. Charles B
15. Fisher B
16. Miami Valley B

17. Centennial
18. Northmont B

The separations correspond to the afternoon flights each team plays. As for why the remainder of the standings don't have PPG indicators next to them: I didn't need to write them down since Amol and Brian already did in their phones + the fact they recited off the order for the corresponding record categories (5-0, 4-1, 3-2... etc)
Thomas Moore
Ohio Wesleyan '18

Retired from online, for good.
Get Lynned
Varsity

Re: OAC Fall II @ Ohio State, results

Postby BobKilner » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:47 pm

Let me apologize for the couple of repeats and weird quirky things in the set. I was lucky enough to be in contact with David and Tom all day, so I was remedying them within the set for my mirror next week.

The issue with the alphabet rounds not printing correctly / having different questions for the readers/players is some issue on OSU's end, but anything with question content, including the one literature repeat, was on me.

Since the set is not cleared, please don't post any content things here - DM me or email me at bk31883 at google's email service so I can look into them and make corrections.

Regardless, I hope it was a good early-season tournament for all of you despite some of the snafus. Congrats to all teams and I hope to see some of you in the near future (probably all at once at Solon in February).
Bob Kilner
Secondary Admin, ohioqbforum.com
Former Coach, Garfield Heights HS (2001-2008), North High School (2015-19, 21-22)
Kent State '06 / Boise State '10
BobKilner
Site Admin

Postby Get Lynned » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:29 pm

Congratulations to Beavercreek High School for winning OAC Fall II. They defeated Miami Valley in the final.

Standings

1. Beavercreek
2. MVS A
3. Bexley
4. Northmont A
5. Tippecanoe
6. Mason
t7. Carroll A
t7. St. Charles A
9. Fisher A
10. Wellington
11. Carroll B
12. St. Charles C
13. Chaminade Julienne
14. St. Charles B
15. Fisher B
16. Miami Valley B
17. Northmont B
18. Centennial
Last edited by Get Lynned on Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thomas Moore
Ohio Wesleyan '18

Get Lynned
Varsity

Postby Get Lynned » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:55 pm

Thank you to everyone that came out. I enjoyed seeing some new faces and familiar faces alike. All in all, I believe this tournament ran well. I am proud of the effort and collaboration between Brian and I to ensure this was an event that, while imperfect, appeared to be enjoyable for all involved. I apologize for the delays in the morning.

A special thanks to coaches Tyler Benedict, Alex Connor and Mike Sedlack; OSUAT members Brian Easterling, Amol Gandhi, Matt Esker and Joanne; Fisher quizbowl alumni (and friends) Eric Gundelfinger and Brandon Shull; Warren G Harding quizbowl alum and current OSU student Seth Brugler and his partner Noah, and a very big thanks to Emily Bingham of Northmont for volunteering to read when the situation at hand necessitated it, as well as Mark Nandor of Wellington stepping in until a reader was able to show up.
Thomas Moore
Ohio Wesleyan '18

Get Lynned
Varsity

Postby crbirdx1 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:02 am

Did you have scores of Bexley vs BC and MV??
crbirdx1
Varsity

Postby Get Lynned » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:56 pm

crbirdx1 wrote:Did you have scores of Bexley vs BC and MV??

Scores aren't on me, but MVS defeated Bexley by about 20 or so both times (played in the morning as well.) Versus Beavercreek, they were down only by two points after the alphabet round.

More detailed stats wrap-up to be edited into here later...
Thomas Moore
Ohio Wesleyan '18

Get Lynned
Varsity

Return to Old/Outdated Posts