MSNCT 2018: Ohio Roundup

Any posts that are outdated will be moved here. Please do not post any new topics in this forum.

MSNCT 2018: Ohio Roundup

Postby trbenedict » Wed May 16, 2018 8:37 am

A bit late, but here's the MSNCT Ohio Roundup for anyone who hasn't seen the statistics yet. Ten Ohio teams competed, eclipsing last year's mark of six: Solon, Miami Valley, Copley-Fairlawn, Heights, Ratner, Oakwood, University School A and B, Sacred Heart of Jesus, and St. Hilary.

Solon qualified for Sunday's double-elimination playoffs and finished tied for 49th. Congratulations to Coach Bergman and the Solon MS team!

As a person interested in the expansion of the middle school game, I'm thrilled that Ohio's representation at the tournament grew so much. It demonstrates the outreach that's going on in-state as well as how fields are growing at middle school events. I hope next year we can have even more teams participating from different regions of the state.

Full stats for MSNCT available here: https://www.naqt.com/stats/tournament/s ... nt_id=8399
Tyler Benedict
Coach, Miami Valley School Quiz Bowl
OAC Committee Middle School Representative
OQBA NASAT and Matt's Buzzers Liaison
Miami Valley School '09
trbenedict
Varsity

Re: MSNCT 2018: Ohio Roundup

Postby dxdtdemon » Wed May 16, 2018 3:25 pm

As a tournament volunteer, I was really impressed with the quality of play and the good behavior of the teams. Keep up the good work.
Jonathan Graham
Beavercreek(1999-2003), Ohio State (2003-07), Wright State(2012-fall14)
occasional question writer
dxdtdemon
Rookie

Return to Old/Outdated Posts