MVS Fall Kickoff 9/29/18

Any posts that are outdated will be moved here. Please do not post any new topics in this forum.

MVS Fall Kickoff 9/29/18

Postby trbenedict » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:05 am

We hosted 24 HS teams and 12 MS teams from five states for the 2018 MVS Fall Tournament. The top of the HS division was a good old-fashioned slugfest, with no team emerging unscathed. Beavercreek A defeated Glasgow in a one-game final after both teams finished the day 9-1, with Miami Valley A, Solon A, and Henderson County clustered close behind at 8-2.

In the middle school division, Miami Valley A (8-0) defeated Copley A (7-1) in what turned out to be a de facto final in Round 8.

This tournament did not run nearly as smoothly as I had hoped, and I apologize to all the teams for the issues during the day. Coaches, please read my post-tournament email for some specific things we hope to do better next time. After hosting last year’s Fall Kickoff, Give Thanks for Matt’s Buzzers IV, and Groundhog Day Classic, all of which were pretty clean, I’m disappointed that we fell short of that quality product last weekend. As a gesture of good will, all schools who attended this year’s Fall Kickoff who choose to attend our next tournament (Give Thanks on 11/10) can register their teams for our minimum fee, $35 per squad.

HS stats are here: http://hsquizbowl.org/db/tournaments/51 ... _order%29/

MS stats are being edited and will go back up shortly.
Tyler Benedict
Coach, Miami Valley School Quiz Bowl
OAC Committee Middle School Representative
OQBA NASAT and Matt's Buzzers Liaison
Miami Valley School '09
trbenedict
Varsity

Return to Old/Outdated Posts