Solon Fall Tournament 10/13/18

Any posts that are outdated will be moved here. Please do not post any new topics in this forum.

Solon Fall Tournament 10/13/18

Postby pbergman » Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:26 pm

Congratulations to Taylor Allderdice High School, who won the Solon Fall Tournament today in a one game final over Aurora A, avenging a playoff loss. Solon A, Lakewood A, University School, and Western Reserve A rounded out the top 6.

Boardman defeated Olmsted Falls to claim First Consolation, and Ursuline won two straight over Cleveland Heights to claim Second Consolation. Solon C ran the JV division 8-0 to take the trophy.

The top 5 individual scorers were Danny Turillo from Boardman, Joey Esposito from Aurora, Jakobi Deslouches from Allderdice, Sam Oguntoyinbo from Solon A, and Ben Meredyk from Olmsted Falls.

Stats can be found here: http://hsquizbowl.org/db/tournaments/5330/

There are still a couple errors in these stats, most notably that I can't get the prelims and playoffs for both WRA squads to sync up. However, if you go to team detail, all games can be found for WRA under separate team listings. I'm posting them now since I might not get all the errors fixed for a couple days. I will certainly repost once everything is fixed.

The other oddity in the stats is that Brecksville and Firestone both played rounds 1-3 in the Summit County League, so those matches were forfeits. The results from 4-5 stand, and they both skipped the afternoon so they can still play Summit County. That explains the 0-0 round three tie between both teams... Both teams were very forthcoming about the overlap; it was an honest mistake.

Thanks to all for coming, and big thanks to everyone who staffed!!!!
Last edited by pbergman on Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peter Bergman
Academic Challenge Coach
English Teacher
Solon High School
pbergman
Varsity

Re: Solon Fall Tournament 10/13/18

Postby pbergman » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:47 pm

JV and Varsity stats should be all good to go now.

http://hsquizbowl.org/db/tournaments/5330/
Peter Bergman
Academic Challenge Coach
English Teacher
Solon High School
pbergman
Varsity

Return to Old/Outdated Posts