HSNCT Ohio Roundup!

Any posts that are outdated will be moved here. Please do not post any new topics in this forum.

HSNCT Ohio Roundup!

Postby trbenedict » Mon May 27, 2019 9:19 pm

Fifteen Ohio teams competed at the NAQT High School Championship Tournament in Atlanta, GA: Aurora, Beavercreek, Boardman, Cloverleaf, Copley, Lakewood, Miami Valley, Northmont, Olmsted Falls, Rootstown, Shaker Heights, Solon A & B, University School, and Walnut Hills.

The following teams made the Sunday playoffs with a prelim record of 6-4 or better:

Beavercreek 16-1 (6-1 playoffs): 1st place!
Solon A 10-5 (3-2 playoffs): T19
Miami Valley 8-5 (1-2 playoffs): T31
Northmont 7-5 (1-1 playoffs): T73
Lakewood 6-5 (1-1 playoffs): T97

Congratulations to Beavercreek on winning the first HSNCT title in Ohio's history!!!

Hari Parameswaran (Beavercreek) and John John Groger (Miami Valley) were named Tournament All-Stars for finishing among the top 40 individual scorers. Samantha Street (Northmont) was named a Sophomore Rising Star.
Tyler Benedict
Coach, Miami Valley School Quiz Bowl
OAC Committee Middle School Representative
OQBA NASAT and Matt's Buzzers Liaison
Miami Valley School '09
trbenedict
Varsity

Re: HSNCT Ohio Roundup!

Postby setht » Tue May 28, 2019 11:21 am

Congratulations to all the teams who competed at the HSNCT, and congratulations to Beavercreek in particular on your championship! I didn't make it to the tournament this year, but I hope you all had a great time. I've read for some of you at Columbus-area tournaments this past year; I hope to do more of that, and perhaps also make it to HSNCT, next year.

Best of luck to everyone participating in NSC and NASAT, and I hope everyone is safe and sound after last night's storms.
Seth Teitler
Formerly UC Berkeley and U. Chicago
Member and Chief Editor, NAQT
Emeritus member, ACF
setht

Return to Old/Outdated Posts