MSNCT Ohio Roundup

Any posts that are outdated will be moved here. Please do not post any new topics in this forum.

MSNCT Ohio Roundup

Postby trbenedict » Mon May 13, 2019 3:25 pm

Nine Ohio teams competed in the NAQT Middle School National Championship Tournament in Chicago, IL: Copley-Fairlawn, Heights, Heritage Classical, Miami Valley, Northmont, St. Hilary, Solon, and University School A & B.

The following teams made the Sunday playoffs with a prelim record of 5-3 or better:

Miami Valley 9-4, 3-2 playoffs (T13)
Copley-Fairlawn 8-4, 2-2 playoffs (T21)
Solon 8-4, 2-2 playoffs (T21)
Heights 5-5, 0-2 playoffs (T49)

Ryan Lee (Copley-Fairlawn), Kenji Sakaie (Heights), and Andrew Holzinger (MVS) were named Tournament All-Stars for finishing among the top 30 individual scorers.

With four teams playing on Sunday, 2019 is now Ohio's best overall year at the MSNCT, surpassing the 2016 MSNCT in which three Ohio teams made the playoffs. Here's hoping for another strong run next year!
Tyler Benedict
Coach, Miami Valley School Quiz Bowl
OAC Committee Middle School Representative
OQBA NASAT and Matt's Buzzers Liaison
Miami Valley School '09
trbenedict
Varsity

Re: MSNCT Ohio Roundup

Postby dxdtdemon » Mon May 13, 2019 6:38 pm

On Saturday, needing to win their last two games to make the playoffs, Heights won it's penultimate game on the final bonus, and it was the most exciting finish of any of the Saturday games that happened in a room I was scorekeeping in. Everyone played really well, even the 165-166 game that happened in my room. Congratulations, everyone.
Jonathan Graham
Beavercreek(1999-2003), Ohio State (2003-07), Wright State(2012-fall14)
occasional question writer
dxdtdemon
Rookie

Re: MSNCT Ohio Roundup

Postby setht » Tue May 28, 2019 11:15 am

Congratulations to all the teams who competed at the MSNCT! I hope I'll get a chance next year to read for some of you at MS events in the Columbus area and/or MSNCT.

And I hope everyone is safe and sound after last night's storms.
Seth Teitler
Formerly UC Berkeley and U. Chicago
Member and Chief Editor, NAQT
Emeritus member, ACF
setht

Return to Old/Outdated Posts