TRASH 2020-21 Update

All general announcements/updates/etc. should be posted here.

TRASH 2020-21 Update

Postby BobKilner » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:34 pm

Hey everyone,

I was aiming to have the TRASH '20 set ready for March, but its looking like it will be ready for April mirrors and beyond. I'm hoping to at least line up a handful of mirrors, as I've been busting my butt working on it. There will be 9 packets available when its done. I'm writing 8 of them and Drew is writing the 9th. Of those 8, I have about 5 1/2 currently done, and then smatterings in the other packets. I'm pretty happy with the set thus far, although I've come to realize as I've been writing more and more myself each year that I'm completely out of touch with the current generations and what they watch on tv, the music they listen to, etc. So I've routinely relied on my students for feedback haha.

If you're looking to run a mirror of it in April or May, let me know. Might be a nice way to end your season too.

I'll keep everyone up to date of my progress.

Hope you are staying safe in these crazy times.

Bob
Bob Kilner
Secondary Admin, ohioqbforum.com
Former Coach, Garfield Heights HS (2001-2008), North High School (2015-19, 21-22)
Kent State '06 / Boise State '10
BobKilner
Site Admin

Re: TRASH 2020-21 Update

Postby ThePocketProtector » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:08 pm

I might be interested in running a southern Ohio centric online mirror. I'd want to keep my mirror low in numbers and regional specific. If that isn't cool with you, I understand completely.
Joshua Queen
No longer a coach
Runner of FAC Quiz Bowl League
Freelance runner of quiz bowl tournaments
At Large OAC Committee Member.
ThePocketProtector
Varsity

Re: TRASH 2020-21 Update

Postby BobKilner » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:07 pm

I assume most sites will want to keep relatively low numbers. Even if I run the main site, it'll probably be no more than 24 at the max. I'm only writing 9 packets, since we all know online quizbowl takes a lot longer and tires everyone out faster. I'm definitely open for mirror requests from whoever wants to run them.
Bob Kilner
Secondary Admin, ohioqbforum.com
Former Coach, Garfield Heights HS (2001-2008), North High School (2015-19, 21-22)
Kent State '06 / Boise State '10
BobKilner
Site Admin

Return to General Announcements