The Ohio Quizbowl Forum

A forum dedicated to discussing all things related to high school quizbowl in Ohio.
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:50 pm 
Varsity

For those that don't know, Dwight Kidder of NAQT publishes a yearly list of the graduating high school seniors playing at HSNCT with their corresponding college of attendance for the forthcoming fall semester. This list is of great value to college quiz bowl programs, and can be of particular value to high school seniors that may be interested in playing in college but aren't very forum-savvy or informed as to whether or not the opportunity to play at the college level exists.

The only shortcoming of this list, through no fault of Dwight, is that obviously not every high school quiz bowl player in the country is going to get a chance to fill this out (like, if they don't HSNCT/SSNCT and if the list isn't distributed in their area.) So, what better course of action than to help expand the list by posting it on here and possibly distribute it to teams at future events?

I realize this is obviously pretty late in the tournament calendar year, but could this be something Regionals host would be interested in distributing? If it can reach a bunch of teams that normally wouldn't have the opportunity to fill this out, then what could be the harm?

Here is a link to the form.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:56 pm 
Rookie

This is a good idea. Also if any incoming Buckeyes have any questions about Ohio State quiz bowl, feel free to email me at easterling.36[at]osu[dot]edu or PM me on here. We are always looking for new recruits!

OAC Committee College Representative

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:22 pm 
Varsity

Great idea Tom - I will put this into my list of things to include in my e-mail to coaches following Regionals!

Northmont Assistant Coach 2008-2011
Northmont '08