Midseason Thoughts?

All general announcements/updates/etc. should be posted here.

Midseason Thoughts?

Postby jesposito » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:56 am

I'm interested to hear what everyone thinks of the season so far! I don't think there's been a poll yet, so I want to start this to maybe hear some thoughts. I'm personally really happy with the high quality of the teams in Ohio this year. Obviously, Beavercreek, Miami Valley and Scioto come to mind, but teams like Boardman and Copley have also really upped their game. What do you guys think?
jesposito

Re: Midseason Thoughts?

Postby Get Lynned » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:59 pm

My own personal rankings are below. I had a pretty good summary written up earlier today in the "create post" that I was about to post, but the request timed out from inactivity and got deleted. So...

1. Beavercreek
2. MVS/Scioto

4. Solon/Copley/Boardman

7. Bexley
8. Ottawa Hills
9. Little Miami
10. Northmont
11. Olmsted Falls
12. Aurora
13. Dublin Jerome
14. Western Reserve Academy/Cloverleaf
t16. Shaker Heights and Sylvania Northview

Welcome to the forum, Joe.

edit #1: oh, crap... for some reason I forgot about Little Miami. I'm putting them in at #9.
Thomas Moore
Ohio Wesleyan '18

Retired from online, for good.
Get Lynned
Varsity

Re: Midseason Thoughts?

Postby ppadmanabhan » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:47 pm

For the most part I agree with Tom's rankings. We've had the opportunity to play Beavercreek and Miami Valley a few times this season and I think they could both be national title contenders if they keep improving at the same rate they have been. We haven't played Scioto yet, and they haven't been as active as the others, but obviously Clark is very good. Solon and Copley are both extremely balanced teams which can go far at states and nationals. Other teams like Northmont and Aurora have been putting in a ton of work and are improving quickly, and could surprise at future tournaments. Looking forward to playing some exciting matches soon!
Pranav Padmanabhan
Boardman 2018
Youngstown State 2018
Ohio State 2022
ppadmanabhan
Junior Varsity

Return to General Announcements