A personal announcement

All general announcements/updates/etc. should be posted here.

A personal announcement

Postby ThePocketProtector » Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:52 pm

Tonight, the Chillicothe City School Board accepted my resignation as a teacher in the district, effective at the end of the school year. That means I will be leaving as Chillicothe High School's quiz bowl coach at the end of the year. It has been a pleasure. It is how I have met so many of you. I have accepted a Science position at Pickaway Ross CTC. They currently do not have a quiz bowl team or plans for one.

I plan on redoubling my efforts to improve quiz bowl in southern Ohio. I already have plans to help coaches run more tournaments. I am hoping this job change will allow me to do more work in the quiz bowl arena, not less.

It doesn't change anything here. Operations will continue until my wife decides I waste too much money on this little forum.
Joshua Queen
No longer a coach
Runner of FAC Quiz Bowl League
Freelance runner of quiz bowl tournaments
At Large OAC Committee Member.
ThePocketProtector
Varsity

Re: A personal announcement

Postby QuizBoss » Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:34 am

Congratulations on the new position!
Greg Bossick, formerly Persona Non Grata
Mogadore '98, Youngstown State '02 and '22
Director of the Mahoning, Ashtabula, Portage, and Toledo Area Quizbowl Leagues
QuizBoss
Varsity

Re: A personal announcement

Postby ThePocketProtector » Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:27 am

If anyone thinks my words are hollow about staying committed, this will show you that I meant it.

Last night, I helped with an OAC format middle school tournament with Avery questions. If that doesn't show my level of commitment, I don't know what does.

Greg, one of the readers was a Piketon alumni that we both know, and anytime they told her she had to keep the time herself, she would say "Oh, I get to channel Greg Bossick" and start waving her arm like you do. She, a Waverly alumni, and I all laughed. Everyone else was very confused.
Joshua Queen
No longer a coach
Runner of FAC Quiz Bowl League
Freelance runner of quiz bowl tournaments
At Large OAC Committee Member.
ThePocketProtector
Varsity

Return to General Announcements