Ohio at 2023 NASAT

All general announcements/updates/etc. should be posted here.

Ohio at 2023 NASAT

Postby fred » Wed May 03, 2023 4:10 pm

Hi all,

NASAT will be held online on June 17 & 18. The full announcement is here.

I have not heard from anyone about Ohio having a team this year, and there hasn't been an Ohio team since 2021, when you finished third. You finished second in 2019.

I would love to Ohio back in the competition this year. If anyone is interested in organizing a team, please feel free to email me at fred at iqbtnasat dot com.
fred

Re: Ohio at 2023 NASAT

Postby tomoore » Wed May 03, 2023 11:36 pm

Hey Fred,

I’m not sure who closer to the general NASAT situation reads the board anymore, or if they’ll be reading it anytime soon. I’ll see some (most? all?) of them at OAC State on Saturday and get them in your direction.

I’m not entirely sure if there is a team, or if there’s even an organized effort to do so. IIRC, the main dilemma for a while now pertains to the two common enemies of quiz bowl works: funding, and getting someone to go through all of the Good Practice steps to get the team together.

Hope you’re well, man.
Moore, T;

reader, Southeast Region and statewide (2015-present);
ex-player, William V. Fisher Catholic HS... allegedly (2010-2014);
tomoore
Junior Varsity

Postby fred » Thu May 04, 2023 10:59 am

tomoore wrote:Hey Fred,

I’m not sure who closer to the general NASAT situation reads the board anymore, or if they’ll be reading it anytime soon. I’ll see some (most? all?) of them at OAC State on Saturday and get them in your direction.

I’m not entirely sure if there is a team, or if there’s even an organized effort to do so. IIRC, the main dilemma for a while now pertains to the two common enemies of quiz bowl works: funding, and getting someone to go through all of the Good Practice steps to get the team together.

Hope you’re well, man.

Thanks, Tom! Tyler Benedict was organizing the team the last time it was active, but I haven't heard from him in response to emails in awhile.

Hope you're well too.
fred

Postby fred » Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:11 pm

If anyone could get in touch with Tyler and please ask him to pay me the Ohio team's entry fee for this year's NASAT, I'd really appreciate it.
fred

Return to General Announcements