Wayne County Academic League

Post any league results or news from northern Ohio quizbowl here. This includes the North Coast, Northeast and Northwest regions.

Wayne County Academic League

Postby QuizBoss » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:20 pm

Play began tonight in this 8-team league that is made up of all of the small schools in Wayne County save Norwayne. Wooster is also excluded.

League format is standard OAC. All schools get together at one site for three games on one night, four games on the next night (not sure when that is for this group). Varsity and JV play simultaneously on the same questions, though Orrville and Dalton did not field JV teams. Dalton's varsity only had 2 players.

Smithville should run the table unless they hit a bad packet. I read for their second game tonight and they hit 52 after a bad start. In their first game, they broke 50 as well.

Orrville and Triway played a good 46-41 game the first match I read tonight. Not hard to see one of those two taking second place.

Will update with standings if I get them.
Greg Bossick, formerly Persona Non Grata
Mogadore '98, Youngstown State '02 and '22
Director of the Mahoning, Ashtabula, Portage, and Toledo Area Quizbowl Leagues
QuizBoss
Varsity

Re: Wayne County Academic League

Postby BobKilner » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:18 pm

If they're interested in having me write their questions for next year, let me know Greg. Always looking for new leagues to write for.
Bob Kilner
Secondary Admin, ohioqbforum.com
Former Coach, Garfield Heights HS (2001-2008), North High School (2015-19, 21-22)
Kent State '06 / Boise State '10
BobKilner
Site Admin

Return to Northern Ohio Quizbowl