Northeast Ohio League

Post any league results or news from northern Ohio quizbowl here. This includes the North Coast, Northeast and Northwest regions.

Northeast Ohio League

Postby LouisvilleACT » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:11 pm

First of all, let me introduced myself. I am the Assistant Coach for AC at Louisville. I joined this forum to learn how to help our team compete. What I am wondering now is, what leagues are there in Northeast Ohio and what format do you use?

Thanks,

Shannon Benson
Louisville Academic Challenge
Stark County
LouisvilleACT

Re: Northeast Ohio League

Postby QuizBoss » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:28 pm

Welcome! It has been a long time since anyone from Stark County has found these forums.

As far as I know, Stark County's two leagues -- yours, roughly based on the old NBC and the one including the Federal League schools + Massillon (go figure) -- both play OAC format. It has been a while since I read for either competition, but from what I recall, the questions used have not changed much...unlike Regionals and State.

Nearly no one from the county plays NAQT format, even though there are many tournaments nearby in Akron, Cleveland, and Youngstown to get experience with it.

I would enjoy talking more about this. Please contact me: quizboss at att dot net
Greg Bossick, formerly Persona Non Grata
Mogadore '98, Youngstown State '02 and '22
Director of the Mahoning, Ashtabula, Portage, and Toledo Area Quizbowl Leagues
QuizBoss
Varsity

Postby LouisvilleACT » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:30 pm

For High School we currently have Fairless, Tuslaw, Alliance, Louisville, Canton South, Minerva and possibly Northwest but we aren’t sure yet. Tusky Valley And Strausburg were with us as well, but moved to a league closer to them. If we lose Northwest that could be an issue.
LouisvilleACT

Postby QuizBoss » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:58 am

Marlington seems like they should fit in well here. Aquinas, too, though they were in the other league last I knew.

Who runs the league? The last time I read for the league tournament, it was Canton South, but that was 2013...maybe 2014.
Greg Bossick, formerly Persona Non Grata
Mogadore '98, Youngstown State '02 and '22
Director of the Mahoning, Ashtabula, Portage, and Toledo Area Quizbowl Leagues
QuizBoss
Varsity

Return to Northern Ohio Quizbowl