St. Charles Academic Tournament, November 12, 2016

Any posts that are outdated will be moved here. Please do not post any new topics in this forum.

St. Charles Academic Tournament, November 12, 2016

Postby AlexConnor » Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:39 pm

The St. Charles Academic Team would like to invite you to the 19th annual St. Charles Academic Tournament to be held at St. Charles Preparatory School in Columbus on November 12, 2016. The field is limited to 16 varsity and 16 junior varsity teams on a first-come, first-served basis to teams in and around Ohio. Teams can enter up to 2 varsity and 2 JV teams.

Our tournament uses a combination of toss-up and team questions in the Ohio Academic Competition format. The cost is $60.00 for the first team and $50.00 for each additional team with a $5.00 discount for each buzzer system and a $10.00 discount if I make use of a reader you provide.

The final registration deadline is November 4. This may fill up quickly, so please register as soon as possible.

Checks should be made out to St. Charles and should include “ITK” in the memo line. Let me know if you are going to mail the check in or bring it with you to the tournament. Invoices can be provided upon request. The mailing address for checks is:

St. Charles Preparatory School
Attn: Sarah Vandermeer
2010 E. Broad Street
Columbus, OH 43209

A Welcome Meeting will be held at 8:30am so that the tournament may begin promptly at 9am. Varsity teams will be placed into divisions of 8, with 8 different schools in each division. The winner of each division will qualify for the OAC regionaltournament. Trophies will be awarded to the winner of each varsity and JV division. The tournament should end around 3:00 pm for all teams.

We have traditionally provided a generous spread of doughnuts, muffins and fruit along with orange juice and coffee upon your arrival at no cost. For lunch you can pre-order pizzas at $12 each, or you may prefer to buy ala carte. Pizza slices ($2 each), salads ($1.50) and fruit (.50 cents) will be available as well as various canned soft drinks and water for $1.00 each.
We allow at least 30 minutes for a lunch break before the afternoon matches begin.

To register please complete this form: https://goo.gl/forms/jxd6BOdifb4Oo39J3

Please email me at connor.alex@gmail.com if you need to change your registration or if you have any questions for me.

I hope to see you on November 12!
Alex Connor
Coach, St. Charles Preparatory
AlexConnor
Rookie

Re: St. Charles Academic Tournament, November 12, 2016

Postby AlexConnor » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:45 pm

10/26 Field Update:

Varsity (11/16):
Bishop Ready
Northmont
Fisher Catholic
Olmsted Falls
Westlake
Copley A
Copley B
Dublin Jerome A
Dublin Jerome B
Tippecanoe
Upper Arlington

Junior Varsity (10/16):
Bishop Ready
Northmont
Fisher Catholic A
Fisher Catholic B
Westlake
Copley
ECOT A
ECOT B
Oakstone Academy
Logan Elm

Still 5 varsity and 6 JV spots open. Please email as soon as possible if you are interested in attending.
Alex Connor
Coach, St. Charles Preparatory
AlexConnor
Rookie

Return to Old/Outdated Posts