ARG!

All general announcements/updates/etc. should be posted here.

ARG!

Postby ThePocketProtector » Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:19 pm

So, here we go again.

Everything from the last month is gone because Go Daddy and I don't speak the same language. I asked them 3 weeks ago to fix the problem. They said okay, log in and do this thing. I thought I did said thing. Then it died again and took all of the data for the last month away. I said "but why?" They said, because you didn't do the thing right. Ummm okay. Don't worry I fixed it so it won't happen again. Why didn't they do that last time? .......

They swore this won't happen again. I'm not holding my breath.
Joshua Queen
No longer a coach
Runner of FAC Quiz Bowl League
Freelance runner of quiz bowl tournaments
At Large OAC Committee Member.
ThePocketProtector
Varsity

Re: ARG!

Postby tomoore » Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:30 pm

I noticed a couple issues today with the domain. One of them isn't too big of a deal, although cumbersome. The other is definitely not optimal.

I can't speak to anybody else, but I had a bunch of trouble loading "ohioqbforum.net" via Safari on my phone. Didn't have the issue loading "ohioqbforum.net" on the laptop, though. Was able to load "http://www.ohioqbforum.net" on both devices.

The second issue: if you type "ohioqbforum" into the search bar of any major search engine (Google, Bing etc), the first result has the link (ohioqbforum.net) posted with the heading "The Ohio Quizbowl Forum - ohioqbforum.net". But, it instead leads visitors who click on the link to a questionable website for some purported online pharmaceutical clearinghouse, one chocked full of male enhancement products.

My guess is GoDaddy will need to get that fixed.
Attachments
Screenshot (2).png
Screenshot (2).png (150.57 KiB) Viewed 7567 times
Moore, T;

reader, Southeast Region and statewide (2015-present);
ex-player, William V. Fisher Catholic HS... allegedly (2010-2014);
tomoore
Junior Varsity

Re: ARG!

Postby ThePocketProtector » Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:39 pm

I have spent about an hour today waiting on hold and talking to Go Daddy today, so this issue is going to be future Joshua's problem. Heck with that guy.

I'll call tomorrow.
Joshua Queen
No longer a coach
Runner of FAC Quiz Bowl League
Freelance runner of quiz bowl tournaments
At Large OAC Committee Member.
ThePocketProtector
Varsity

Return to General Announcements